Nienke BlansHead of Energy EMEA
Nienke has 16 years experience in ship finance and offshore finance industry. She has structured and executed debt financings of different asset types various parties across the globe. Since October 2016, Nienke is head of ABN AMRO Energy EMEA, responsible for clients in the Energy space cross the value chain (Oil&Gas, Midstream, Offshore Services and Renewables). Before Nienke joined this team, she has been working in ship finance since 2001 in various roles. From 2008 through 2012, Nienke worked - first with Fortis, and after the merger, with ABN AMRO - in Singapore, where she was responsible for Korean and Singaporean clients. Nienke is a graduate from the Technical University of Delft in Maritime Engineering, with a specialisation in Offshore Engineering.
11:20 AM The Big Financiers’ Debate | Strengthening the financing landscape for FPSO and field development projects – How can we make the economics work?
- Assessing the investment appetite for FPSO and field development projects in the current market
- Determining the bankability of projects – Looking beyond just the FPSO and assessing field economics as a whole to obtain financing
- Analysing current and emerging innovative schemes, and alternative funding models – Are we approaching financing the right way? Which models are most conducive?
- Overcoming barriers and mitigating potential risks involved in FPSO and field development project finance
- Designing tailored and innovative ways to help small-mid oil companies obtain financing for FPSO projects
12:00 PM Project Finance Roundtable C | Overcoming barriers and mitigating potential risks involved in FPSO and field development project finance
- Demonstrating how financiers calculate project risks involved in investments
- Avoiding major “deal-breakers” in projects
- Balancing cost reduction efforts with the accompanying increased project risks