Senior Vice President – Head of Oil & Gas
11:20 AM The Big Financiers’ Debate | Strengthening the financing landscape for FPSO and field development projects – How can we make the economics work?
In the current low oil price context, financing remains one of the biggest challenges for oil companies and FPSO contractors alike. With the negative reputation of “budget overruns and project delays” leading to high risk aversion, conventional project financing strategies are no longer sufficient to meet the extensive investments required for FPSO and field development projects. It is therefore mission critical to deep-dive into major financing issues, understand what financiers need to make the economics work and explore innovative financing models that are mutually beneficial to oil companies, FPSO contractors and financiers.
- Assessing the investment appetite for FPSO and field development projects in the current market
- Determining the bankability of projects – Looking beyond just the FPSO and assessing field economics as a whole to obtain financing
- Analysing current and emerging innovative schemes, and alternative funding models – Are we approaching financing the right way? Which models are most conducive?
- Overcoming barriers and mitigating potential risks involved in FPSO and field development project finance
- Designing tailored and innovative ways to help small-mid oil companies obtain financing for FPSO projects
12:00 PM Project Finance Roundtable B | Analysing current and emerging innovative project financing schemes, and alternative funding models
- Evaluating alternative financing options (e.g. private equity firms and export credit agencies)
- Grasping the advantages and disadvantages of the alternative financing options
- Working strategically with alternative financing options to ensure project finance success
- Avoiding common pitfalls in project finance