Post-Congress Workshops - 21 February 2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm Best Practices for Decommissioning of Floating Production Systems
Given the number of units due to reach the end of their project life in the next 10 years worldwide, the need for experts in decommissioning or life extension is predicted to rise. This session will explore the best practices and solutions related to the decommissioning of the FPSO, as well as the risks and challenges of a project of this magnitude.
- Understand what happens when decommissioning is not managed properly from the start
- Explore lessons learnt from case studies of successful FPSO decommissioning projects
- Develop a proper decommissioning project execution model to streamline costs and resources
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Gaining an Advantage and Becoming a Preferred Supplier to Oil Companies and FPSO Contractors
With the market moving back on track, it is of utmost importance to know where potential activities, projects and clients lie so that you can better plan out your business strategies and allocate resources effectively. It is also increasingly vital to have a deeper understanding of what clients look out for, so that you can boost your chances of submitting the most competitive bids. This interactive workshop will equip solution providers with practical strategies to formulate the most competitive bid and become the preferred supplier in this increasingly competitive environment.
- Investigate the potential size, schedule and location of global FPSO projects in the next 5 years
- Understand the contracting tender processes from a client and bidder’s perspective
- Analyse the technical and operational requirements for FPSO contracts and tenders
- Collaboration not Competition – Is it economically viable to develop successful partnerships and collaborations along the FPSO value chain?